Mariteq Solutions was established in 2020 to meet the need for experienced marine electronic engineers in the South of Ireland but their experience in this industry dates back to the 90’s.
The company is headed up by David O’Leary who has spent the last 20 years working as a Senior Marine Electronics Engineer with the Irish Naval Service. Over the past twenty years, he has worked in various roles specialising in Navigation, Communications and Satellite Systems with his Degree in ‘Marine Communications Systems’ being complemented with factory training and in-house courses. David’s passion is in Information Technology and recently completed an MSc in Forensic Computing and Cybercrime Investigation with University College Dublin. David’s second love is for Subsea technology and spent over a decade working with the Irish Navies ROV’s and Subsea Systems while working as a naval diver. He is a qualified ROV pilot technician having trained at the ‘National Underwater Centre’ in Fort William, Scotland and completing factory courses with Sub-Atlantic, Sonardyne and Klein.
David is currently a guest lecturer to Cork Institute of Technology, lecturing the B.Eng in Marine Electrotechnolgy course.Because it gives new readers context. What are you about? Why should they read your blog?
Being the owner of a recreational craft, he knows the importance of having reliable systems that can be relied on when the need arises. IT is for this reason that Mariteq Solutions has designed a package for recreational boat owners where all their critical systems are tested giving the owner a written report detailing the outcome.
David O’Leary spent nearly three years on secondment to the Halpin Centre for Research and Innovation where he worked on a number of Horizon2020 projects specialising in the mechatronics area of maritime based projects. On returning to the Naval Service, David was chosen to project manage the communications refit of the L.E. Roisins Mid Life Extension Project. This work was split between overseeing external contractors and hands on upgrading of systems.
- MSc in Forensic Computing and Cybercrime Investigation (University College Dublin)
- Comptia Network+ (Comptia)
- Certified Associate in Project Managment (Project Management Institute)
- BA Leadership, Management & Naval Studies (C.I.T.)
- ROV Pilot Technician (National Underwater Centre, Scotland)
- Stabilised Antenna Systems (Seatel)
- V-Sat Systems (In house training)
- WECDIS Maintainers course (OSI Maritime)
- Advanced Data Comms (CIS school)
- Advanced Maintenance techniques (CIS School)
- High Voltage Offshore Electrical Installations (Scottish Qualifications Authority)
- Hydraulic Systems (Scottish Qualifications Authority)
- National Diploma in Marine Communications Systems (L.I.T.)
- National Certificate in Electronic Engineering (C.I.T.)
- Structured Cabling
- Fibre Optic installations (CIS school)
- MF/HF maintainers course (Skanti)
- Radar Maintainers Course (Kelvin Hughes)
- ECDIS Maintainers Course (Kelvin Hughes)